datestampUSEWednesday, February 27, 2008

What we're reading

Kalli is about 3/4 of the way through this book. We love Shannon Hale - she is a local talent and has earned a Newberry Honor for her book "Princess Academy." My favorite of hers is still the "Goose Girl." (Maybe because I read it in Hawaii one year? Oh, the memories of that book still bring back the tropical scent of the islands.) I will start "Book of 1000 days" as soon as Kalli is done.

Ella has recently started the Magic Tree House series and is currently enjoying "Dolphins at Daybreak."

Max still can't get enough of the book, "Jack Frost" that Grandma Smiley gave him for Christmas.

I finished "A 1000 Splendid Suns" a couple of weeks ago when I was sick (and missed out on my St. George trip...but I'm not bitter). It was so tragic - the content was quite difficult to read in parts, but it was very moving.

"To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting."
~ Edmund Burke ~

-amr

p.s. I should include Bryce in here - he is still reading Anthony Bourdain's "Kitchen Confidential" - but he's not quite like the girls and I, as he has been reading this for a good 2 months now! He most likely will still be reading "Kitchen Confidential" in the next installment of "What we're reading." :)

3 comments:

Kari said...

My girlfriend Carolyn loves Shannon Hale's books, too!! I started the Goose Girl a long time ago based on your recommendation but never got past page 50 ... fell asleep reading it on the plane and just never got back to it. I do have a copy of Princess Academy that I bought at the book fair - perhaps I should dig it out ... after I start and finish the Twilight series that has been haunting me for far too long now!!

Anonymous said...

I'm just pacing myself!

Unknown said...

You should definitely look into the set of bags (more that than luggage). We are going to Las Vegas in mid March. My parents are coming down to stay with the boys. I am very excited. I love to get all dressed up, go out to eat, etc.