datestampUSEMonday, February 18, 2008

Conversations Overheard

As they were playing at my feet in the kitchen...

Kalli: "Why don't we have to go to school on the random holidays and we do have to go to school on the important ones?"

Ella: "I don't know. What do you mean?"

Kalli: "We don't go to school on Martin Luther King Day and President's Day, but we have to go to school on Valentines Day, St. Patricks Day, and Halloween!"

Ella: "Yeah, no fair!"

Please don't judge me for what my children do and do not think the "important" holidays are...I promise I'm trying! We'd better have a short history lesson as soon as I finish the dishes. Happy President's Day to all.

-amr

1 comment:

Kari said...

I might just have to agree with the kids on this one ... although I think if it is Monday through Friday they should be at school REGARDLESS of what random holiday it is ;) Maybe I just feel that way because they were out of school Friday for "teacher inservice" and we didn't get to do anything fun for the long weekend - just our luck!!