datestampUSEThursday, February 21, 2008

Movie Night

Who doesn't love a movie night? We watched "Becoming Jane" - very sweet and entertaining and Anne Hathaway is so beautiful. It's not going to change your life, but it's definitely worth a couple hours of your time.

Instead of just a phone call or note, I used a basket of favorite movie goer goodies with the time, date, and place as an invite.

I made caramel corn to share. It is my sister Jana's recipe and I've recently learned it is even better the next day :)

2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cube butter
1 cup sweetened condensed milk

Heat sugar and corn syrup to a soft ball. (5-8 minutes) Remove from heat. Add butter and condensed milk. Pour over a huge bowl of popped corn. Sticky, gooey, sweet, yummy, amazing!


-amr

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inneresing- I go out of town and the parties begin. I thought only high school kids did that ;-). Glad you and your friends had fun. As for the gift basket invites- soooo AMR.

Kari said...

I agree with Bryce ... a phone call or note just wouldn't have said "come to a party at AMR's" :) The details make all the difference and you are the PRIME example of that!! One of the many things I admire and love about you!! And glad to hear the movie is worth while - it's one I'd wanted to see. I can't wait for the 3rd installment of Pride & Prejudice on Sunday ... TOTALLY loving it!!

Anonymous said...

Where did you come from???? I am continually amazed. What a great idea I'll have to get that movie oxoxox