datestampUSEThursday, February 28, 2008

Merm to the Rescue

Have you noticed that my blog is all about my life's "goodies"? I normally don't care to share the whiny, frustrated, irritable, downright ugly moments that all too often occur. But, yes, they happen frequently enough in my life. Like last night and today - I caught the flu. In my humble opinion, it is one of life's terrible injustices - mommy getting sick. As I was on the phone last night in a delirious rant, begging Bryce to end his business trip early, he promised to send in some back-up. And that he did - Merm to the rescue. By some miraculous interference, his mom and dad hadn't yet returned to California. So Merm (as I affectionately call my mother-in-law) came and saved the night and day. I think I'm finally breaking through to the other side because I've been able to spend a good portion of the day in bed after a horrible night. Thanks a million to Merm and here's hoping to I can get back to a "goodie" post tomorrow.

-amr

1 comment:

Kari said...

She's a good one, that Merm!!! If only she had been so close when we were battling the illness from %$%(&^%#!!! I must agree with you that there is really nothing worse that a mommy being sick - we never get to stop! Hope you are feeling much better :)