datestampUSESunday, February 3, 2008

And for dessert...

Bryce has a few cooking specialties, one of them being chocolate chip cookies. Once I found this recipe, I knew it would be right up his alley. I absolutely love a pretty presentation, so why not make chocolate chip cookie dough into a tart? This dough was a bit stickier than his regular dough, but oh so yummy (like Toll House pie, but even better).

2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. unsalted butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
2 c. semisweet or milk chocolate chips

Press three cups of this dough into a round tart pan with a removable bottom (buttered and sugared). Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes and remove from pan. (You may have to loosen edges with a butter knife.) The extra dough can be made into about a dozen cookies baked at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy

-amr

2 comments:

Kari said...

Now THIS is up my alley!! Looks super yum!!!

Hart Family said...

Hey my friend. I came home from church and decided this was just the ticket for our Sunday baking. Can wait to taste it!