datestampUSEWednesday, February 6, 2008

100th Day of School

(This post is dedicated to my ever faithful commenter, Kari. :) On her blog, she posted about her daughter Ashton's 100th school day - it was so great! Here is our 100th day experience.)

Today is the 100th day of school and the year is already half-way over. This picture was taken on the first day and it is hard to believe how much they've already changed. In celebration of this great milestone in a first grader's life, Ella was supposed to wear 100 somethings today (we chose polka dots, but I'm sure there were at least 200+ on her leggings). She brought home a worksheet about the number 100. Here were her answers.

What do you think happened 100 years ago?
Dinosaurs came to earth

What would you do with $100?
I would spend it on stuffed animals (so true!)

And my favorite...
What would you do with 100 pets?
I would be annoyed

Me too.

-amr

2 comments:

Kari said...

Totally laughing at the 100 pet comment!!! She is a smarty ;) Funny thing about the 100th day - I always think "what is the big deal about the 100th day of school?" I have since discovered that, at least hear in AZ, the state funding for the schools is based on attendance on the 100th day! That is why they make it such a celebration ... to make sure EVERYONE is there so they can get more money from the government!!! Pretty sneaky, no?! Thanks for the post dedication, too :)

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting to see this post for days. I laughed out loud when I read it. You have such cute kids!