datestampUSEMonday, January 19, 2009

A King Day of Service

Like millions of Americans across the country, the Roberts answered President-Elect Obama's call for service on King Day. We spent the entire morning making homemade chicken noodle soup, light wheat rolls, and chocolate sandwich cookies to deliver for lunch to the widows in our neighborhood. What a wonderful chance it was for us to serve our community - even Max caught the vision of the day. After he was smothered with gratitude and thank yous from the first neighbor, he ran back to the car and said, "Mom, I like this job! Give me another bowl of soup!" And he was off to the next house. You can catch a glimpse of the little deliverers here. Oh, and for a little MLK Day humor, refer back to last years post here. Happy MLK Day all.

4 comments:

Kami Su said...

What a sweet idea. And seriously I'd love all 3 recipes???? Looks delicious!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you I did not hear about that you have set a good example for me to follow. Will you remind me next year??

oxoxoxo

Halli Matheny said...

What a good idea. You're such a good mom. I'd love your soup, roll, and cookie recipes if you're sharing!

Kari said...

This is truly amazing! What a beautiful teaching opportunity.