datestampUSESaturday, January 3, 2009

Something about ME...

I am an optimist. I choose to accentuate the positive, look on the bright side, see the glass half full (insert additional cheesy cliches here). That said, I love a good start to a new year. I love compiling lists of resolutions. Every January, I find myself absolutely sure that by December I'll find each one marked off and successfully completed. And although this has NEVER happened, it doesn't stop me from finding new energy and excitement each January in revisiting these lists and seeing what I can accomplish this year. Last year I started a blog (yeah!), sold my first item on eBay, took a photography class, cleaned out and donated about half my garage (was supposed to have a new garage by now, but that's another story. Trying to keep this positive remember?) and successfully survived my first full year as a mother of four. My lists are still evolving, but these items are campaigning hard to make it:

1. Organize my recipes into my new book.
2. Decide upon window treatments for the house...so lame, I know
3. Do more service
4. Learn a little Photoshop
5. Go to a country where English is not the first language
6. Take the kids to Disneyland at least a couple of times (gotta use those annual passes!)
7. Be a little kinder
8. Love my treadmill more
9. Try my hand at square foot gardening
10.Be a better mom and wife

2 comments:

Kari said...

We've got several items that are similar if not identical ;) You know where to come for Photoshop advice ....

Anonymous said...

I liked the list of the things you DID get done!!! Always put the most important things first and you will be happy come 2010. My advice for the year!!! xoxoxo