datestampUSEThursday, January 15, 2009

WANTED

Because my hubby gives start-up companies money for a living, I am not shy about throwing my own ideas at him for technologies that would make my life easier. What I am currently looking for (and might already exist unbeknownst to me) is a recipe management sight that would collect all the recipes I have found online and want to keep from various sights, blogs, and e-mails. If I could cut and paste a recipe into a sight that would then file and keep it neatly in one place, I could literally stop printing off recipes. I would love having a personal online cookbook. (I bring the laptop into the kitchen for so many recipes already.) What do you think fellow kitchenistas? Have you found something to manage your online tasties - or am I onto something?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a great idea! I love other people's favorites. The ones from Food Network, etc. are fantastic, but there is nothing like someone else's recipe or your own favorites. Let me know if you find or create a venue for this. :)

Angela said...

I use Tastebook. It is meant to print it out, but I use it as a online storage of all my favorite recipes that I want to keep forever.

thought i would share

Kasey said...

I think that is a fabulous idea! Every time I find a recipe I like, I copy and paste it into a word document, which never formats correctly, and I have to do a lot of manipulating to make it fit on one page. I usually don't print it. When I want to use it, I search through my word documents, set my laptop on the kitchen counter, and undoubtedly get flour or sugar dust between the keys.

Natalie said...

You're definitely on to something! I've recently been thinking of starting a recipe blog, just to keep track of all the yummy recipes I find and want to make again down the road. My hard copies (print-offs) are hard to manage.

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great idea. I too have a drawer full of cut receipes that I am going to make "someday". I must give myself some credit I have made 3 in the last 6 weeks that have been winners. oxoxox

Kari said...

I definitely need to find more recipes. I am the most boring person in the kitchen imaginable. I'm sure you're on to something ... if I only took the time to actually find recipes! I need to get the FEW that I have organized!!