datestampUSEThursday, August 14, 2008

Using Our Imagination

With summer coming to a close and having checked off all the activities we wanted to do (lemonade stand, Gateway fountains, loads of swimming, beach, road trips, Liberty Park, movie theater, mini golfing...you get the picture) we are trying to fill our days with some fun projects and activities that are new, fresh, and exciting. This one was a favorite: I had the girls dress up their American Girl Dolls, do their hair, and have an array of outfits ready and we set up a fashion photo shoot. They were so creative with the hair styles and loved posing the dolls in their darling clothes (hand made by Grandma Smiley - can you believe her?). I'm thinking this activity would be great with any toys if you don't do dolls. The girls were hilarious in finding all sorts of great poses and places to have me take pictures. This one is of Nikki swinging on our swing in the front yard. I did feel a little silly running around taking pictures of toys - especially when the girls wanted me to say "Work it girl!".
(You think I'm kidding? I'm not.)

-amr

1 comment:

Kari said...

I love it!! An activity my girls would have loved to be a part of :)