datestampUSEFriday, April 18, 2008

Esperanza

I am absolutely ecstatic about an upcoming play at the Pardoe Theatre on the BYU campus. "Esperanza Rising," by Pam Munoz Ryan is one of my all-time favorite books and is going to be in production at BYU from May 28-June 14. It is such a poignant story that really touched me in such a personal way when I read it so many years ago. Esperanza leaves familial strife and her natal Mexico behind and heads to California for a new beginning. I have never seen it adapted as a play and you can be sure I'll be taking Kalli and Ella for a wonderful girls night out. For more information, click here.

-amr

4 comments:

Kari said...

Sounds like a wonderful night for you and the girls - especially since it is an adaptation of a book that you have such a love for!! Makes it all the more special ;) Will you read it with them before you go?

Anonymous said...

I loved that book I wish I were able to go with you Sounds really good. Let me know xoxoxox mom

jmasay said...

Thanks for the info. Scout has read the book twice and loves it. I'll have to read it before we see the play.

Anonymous said...

Andi and I discussed this book just today. We were in Young Women's and talking about the legacy you leave behind. I love the legacy Esperanza left for her granddaughter Pam Munoz Ryan who wrote the book. Don't we all owe a lot to our ancestors who paved the way for us? Andi and I would love to see the show too. Thanks for the info.