datestampUSEWednesday, April 2, 2008

Carnitas de puerco

Here you go Nat, I hope you like them. We think they are amazing...
4 pounds pork shoulder roast ( I used boneless pork ribs because that's what I had in the freezer and they turned out great.)
2 T. lime juice
1/2 c. orange juice
1/2 c. water
2 T. garlic
1/4 t. cinnamon
1 T. salt
1 T. paprika
1/2 t. black pepper
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. honey

Preheat oven to 350. Place pork in the pan. Combine all the remaining ingredients and pour over pork. Cover with foil and bake, turning occasionally. Cook for 3 hours. (The pork can also be cooked in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.) Add extra water if necessary to keep from drying up. Shred meat with a fork and serve in a tortilla with your choice of accompaniments: beans, tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, salsa etc..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a huge hit with my family. Everyone loved it and had seconds! Thanks for the contribution to my "favorite recipe" section.

Kari said...

That is definitely one I will be trying ... my kids love pork roast and I love having a new way to prepare it!! Cafe Rio recipe is one of my faves so I'll love trying this!

Anonymous said...

I tried it and it is wonderful. A good Saturday and Sunday dinner for me and Dad. Thanks for sharing. xoxoxo mom