datestampUSEWednesday, February 18, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

*Image of Bla Bla dolls since this is just a bunch of bla bla bla
Not one BIG thing...just lots of little things to remember (and share.)

1.I've declared today "stay in pjs day" for Josie and I. With blustering cold temps outside we need a reason to stay indoors and recover from a swift and busy holiday weekend. You can bet my number one jammie girl Ella will quickly follow suit the minute she gets home from school.

2.We've enjoyed lots of family visits this month. B took his Dad and brother skiing last weekend and this weekend we enjoyed the desert with my parents in St. George. Doesn't get any better.

3.After a week of presidential program preparing, valentine box making, science fair experimenting, and parent teacher conferencing; I just might be as smart as a 5th grader.

4.I've crowned Pat Benetar's "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" best family road trip song. We jammed so hard we were bouncing the car right up and down I-15. (Though we did take the liberty to sing it Roberts' style with a few modified lyrics courtesy of Max.)

Well you're the real tough cookie with the long history
Of breaking little hearts, like the one in me
Thats o.k., lets see how you do it
SHABA LABA DING DONG, lets get down to it!
Hit me with your best shot...

5.For my anniversary dinner, I enjoyed Chef Thomas Keller's famous "last meal" choice of Poulet Roti - roast chicken. This got me thinking...what would I choose for my last meal? What would you choose for yours?

6.I love collecting silly questions and springing them at random on Bryce. It gives me a chance to find out interesting things about him and the way his mind works and the things he's thinking about that I might have otherwise missed out on. Yesterday's question: "What reality show would you want to go on?" Can you guess his answer?

7.If you take a scroll down my blog, you'll notice many bit and pieces of robin's egg blue (tiffany blue, Martha blue, it has lot of different names). Perhaps that is why I've found myself drooling at so many pictures on this recently discovered blog.

8.If Josie could spend an entire day with just one person (other than me of course:) without a doubt, it would be her Grandpa Smiley.

9.Check out my valentine jars on Tangled and True and Petit Elephant. Pretty cool, huh?

10.I've been thinking I should paint my fingernails bright pink, red, or orange. Do you know how long its been since I've worn a fingernail color other than nude or clear? I'm sure it would only last a day, but I've just got a hankering...

5 comments:

Petit Elefant said...

my vote is red. you just can't go wrong with a deep red.

Anonymous said...

what reality show would B go on? is my question oxoxoxo

Cammy said...

last meal....I love this question because for me it is a easy one. Prime rib with garlic mashed potatoes and horseradish. Followed up with homemade apple pie and ice cream. Ummmmm!

Kari said...

I am now singing Pat Benetar ... and my last meal? Pizza ... or Training Table. Reality Show? Is Tim Gunn's Guide to Style considered a reality show? I would desperately love to meet him and get his help!!!

Anna Marie said...

FYI: I thought Bryce would say the Amazing Race. He actually said Top Chef. I didn't realize he thought he was that accomplished as a cook:) See I learned something new. I guess I know who's making Sunday dinner.