datestampUSEFriday, February 13, 2009

Blowing a little love your way...



It may be one day early, but we're in full fledge love, romance, and heart shape candy mode here in the red brick house. It's the day of the Valentine Parties. This means absolute excitement for them, and for me - well all projects are complete and I'm off the hook for another year. But before I sign off for the weekend, I'll post a little valentine fun that has kept us busy and in the spirit of Cupid all week long.

Have you ever peeked at the blog, Color Me Katie? She is a quirky and inventive New York photographer with a clever sense of humor. Check out the photo in her profile and you'll see how she inspired our valentine boxes this year. I took a picture of the girls blowing a kiss and then we cut it out and pasted on red hearts into a full fledged cloud of love. Pretty simple, huh? I e-mailed her a picture of the boxes and she loved them - it was so fun to hear from her! It's amazing how the web can connect. Wishing you many fun valentine connections this year. I'll sign off for now, but I've got a couple more to share a bit later. xoxo

4 comments:

The Moore's said...

those are darling boxes! Darling girls too!

jae said...

That is a very cute idea! First time here...I saw your word hearts at petit elephant. I posted something very similar with a dictionary a few days ago.

Unknown said...

Seriously...those are the cutest Valentine boxes I have ever seen! You have set a pretty high standard for boxes. I can't wait until next year! :)

Kari said...

Um ... speechless!! They don't even DO valentine boxes around here! They basically get a ziploc or lunch sack to put their cards in! Then again neither of my girls had a "valentine party" ... they had a friendship breakfast and lunch.