datestampUSEFriday, February 20, 2009

For Display Only

I used to have a collection of beautifully deceptive fake limes. They were so very realistic, in fact, that after several months of being on display each and every one was blemished with a bite mark (which then left them very fake looking because the inside styrofoam surfaced). To this day I don't know who the culprit was, but I'm guessing it wasn't the Mister:) Eventually I trashed my collection but every once in a while (when they're on sale of course) I buy some fresh limes in lieu of fresh flowers simply for display. I don't guilt myself into having to use them up. I simply treat them like I would a bouquet of flowers and once they're sufficiently shriveled, I throw them in the bin. Although I miss my look-a-likes a bit, there is truly nothing like fresh citrus or flowers - or really fresh anything to bring a little spring indoors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love citrus. Remember even though they looked shriveled believe me you can get a little juice out of them. This is from the lady who can get more out of a tube of toothpaste than any one else. Then after they are sufficiently dry cut them in half and put them in your disposal to freshen it up. oxoxox

Kari said...

I love the look and smell of fresh citrus, too! In fact, I was just saying the other day that I am anxiously awaiting the week when the orange trees bloom ... the air becomes filled with the most heavenly scent imaginable. I didn't know what it was the first year we lived here - all I knew was that I didn't want to go inside!!! Now I long for that week every year ....