datestampUSEThursday, January 31, 2008

What we're reading

I took this book off the bookshelf to read with my kids this week in remembrance of our dear prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. It is a beautiful story written about a walnut tree he planted and grew in his back yard. When the tree became old and eventually got sick, it had to be cut down. It was taken to a woodworking shop, where it was dried and made into the pulpit that now stands in the Conference Center in downtown Salt Lake City. My favorite part of the book is near the end where a few scriptures are posted. This one refers to the things that may be old but are very valuable.

Job 12:12 "With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding."

-amr

P.S. Both Pam and Kari suggest I join Good Reads...hopefully I'll get to that soon. It sounds like a great resource. In the mean time, I'm still reading Eat, Pray, Love which I am enjoying bite by bite. (Even in nibbles some days when life dictates.) Maybe I'll post more about it after I'm finished and we've discussed at Book Group.


1 comment:

Kari said...

I love this book ... such a beautiful story and something very tangible that the kids can see each conference to remember our beloved prophet. Giving another plug for Good Reads ....