datestampUSEFriday, January 18, 2008

Fire Escape Plan

One of the top news stories in Salt Lake this week was a 6 year old girl who was accidentally left in a house fire. The firemen who were interviewed for the story encouraged everyone to review their family escape plans. My family's plan certainly needs some updating, so I jumped online to see what I could find to make the process more simple. I found several websites that offered the same basic ideas, but the most concise was The Burn Institute. I found their fact sheet to be very helpful. I think we may use a couple of our family nights to review and practice these procedures.
"It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." Whitney M. Young Jr., American social reformer

-amr

1 comment:

Kari said...

This is a wonderful reminder and something we have never really even thought much on ... I will definitely check our your resources! The girls always come home from school after their "Fire Pals" classes and talk about it but we never go much past that!