datestampUSEMonday, January 28, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley : 1910-2008

"I am an old man given to meditation and prayer. I would enjoy sitting in a rocker, swallowing prescriptions, listening to soft music and contemplating the things of the universe. But such activity offers no challenge and makes no contribution. I wish to be up and doing. I wish to face each day with resolution and purpose. I wish to use every waking hour to give encouragement to bless those whose burdens are heavy, to build faith and strength of testimony. If in the process I should die on some distant strand while speaking to my friends in the church, it would be better than if I were to spend my days looking out languidly upon the world without purpose or design."

2 comments:

Kari said...

An amazing quote that captures him beautifully. I had such bittersweet feelings when I learned of his passing ... joy knowing he was with his beautiful wife again and sadness thinking of conference without him. I am glad to have been old enough to really appreciate all he taught and lived.

Anonymous said...

Anna Marie that was such a good picture and good quote. thank you for adding it to your blog. oxoxoxo mom