datestampUSEWednesday, July 30, 2008

My mom wanted to know what to get Josie for her upcoming birthday and I knew just what to suggest. "The Princess and the Pea" by Lauren Child is one of the most gorgeous picture books ever. I bought one for my girls last year but ended up giving it away at a children's book exchange so they've never even had the chance to read it! If you are not familiar with Lauren Child, she is the creative artist behind Charlie and Lola and Clarice Bean. In this particular book, however, the pictures are photographs of mini rooms she has created and decorated with miniature period furniture and rugs ... every last charming detail is perfect. If you need a gift for a girl of any age, this would certainly be a big hit. I can't wait to sit in our rocker and read it to Josie.

-amr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a book I would like to read also. one more thing to do while babysitting. oxoxox

Kari said...

I was thinking the artwork reminded me of Charlie and Lola ... sounds like a fabulous gift idea!! Can't believe that little one is celebrating a birthday already!