datestampUSEWednesday, July 16, 2008

All Dressed up with No Where to Go




Last night I had the kids all dressed up with hair done, clothes ironed, no detail left undone for a photo session at a local photography studio. We arrived right on the time and there was a little suspicious scrambling going on in the backroom as we were checking in. One girl was sent out to tell me the photographer was not going to make it due to an "emergency." (Which I later found out was not true at all.) Needless to say I was furious because we were literally "all dressed up with no where to go." So I decided to turn lemons into lemonade and go have my own impromptu photo session. I got some pretty cute shots, so I thought I'd share a few.

-amr

p.s. The manager called with a sincere apology and offered to waive my sitting fee if I would come in again. We're going to do it because I need to get Ella's baptism picture before she gets her braces on next week. Do you think that's enough compensation for my trouble?


3 comments:

Halli Matheny said...

Oh my gosh...Kalli looks just like you Anna Marie Smiley! :) It's like looking at a little you (and by the way, that's how I picture you to this day). :) THey are so cute...most of the time I end up liking the pictures I take better any way because I can get a real smile.

Anonymous said...

the pictures are so good. I love Kalli's hair-do BUT she looks so grown up. oxoxoxox mom

Kari said...

I think they owe you beyond a sitting fee ... especially if there was not a "real" emergency that kept them from keeping the appointment that they had agreed to. The least they could offer would be either a discount on your prints or some free ones to make up for your trouble - getting 4 kids ready for pictures is a HUGE feat and they, as photographers, know that!!!