datestampUSEWednesday, June 4, 2008

What is my Fortune?

I have a local college girl who comes once a week for half a day to let me run errands, take appointments, have lunch with friends etc...all without the distractions of my lovely children. Today I was able to enjoy actually perusing the bookstore. If any of you have ever gone to the bookstore with children in tow, you know it is nothing close to perusing. While there, I picked up this mini book called the "Fortune-Telling Birthday Book." It is a 1930s replica full of fortunes, traditions, and folklore regarding each day of the year - and the vintage illustrations are absolutely charming. Here is what it said about my day:

October 17
"You are domestic, reliable, competent, and generally satisfied with yourself. You have definite likes and dislikes, and you are bright, witty, good-natured, and popular in your own circle. You should marry young."

Well, they were right about the marrying young part :)

-amr

p.s. If you want to know yours, leave me a comment or e-mail and I'll try and get it to you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what does it say about someone born on November 1st?

Kari said...

I'd say that's pretty dead on!! What about me on Christmas? Or do I really want to know?!?! I love the time I can browse ANYWHERE without kids ... I get lost in Target for hours!

Anna Marie said...

Dec. 25
You are an ardent and assimilating reader, and you are observant and an interesting and fluent talker. You are a true and loyal friend and have a sincere devotion to your loved ones.