datestampUSESaturday, June 21, 2008

Hip and Humble

*Image via Sunset Magazine

A couple of days ago I was on my way to Trolley Square and had a couple of extra minutes so I stopped in Hip and Humble, a local shop in the 9th and 9th district of Salt Lake. Wow! What a great stop. If you haven't been in lately, take the time to do so. They have really transformed their inventory from "shabby chic" to bright, eclectic, and very unique home and gift items. One of my favorite new items were the new in-house bath and body products. There were six different varieties and they all smelled so fresh yet subtle, I had a hard time choosing which one to buy (and I am picky about my fragrances). This is one of those stores I can tell Bryce to go in and he could come out with anything and I'd be happy. I came out with a few items in my bag but loved many more. I'll definitely be stopping in more frequently.

-amr

p.s. I found a great article on the 9th and 9th Distict from Sunset Magazine here. We used to live on 9th about ten streets up from this great little corner of SLC, so I have big love for little neighborhood nooks like this one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a dream. We don't have any of those types of stores or neighborhoods, and I LOVE to come across stores like that on vacation. I love the name, too! :)

Kari said...

Sounds like a fun place to stop in ... *LOVE* finding a great spot like that!