datestampUSEMonday, June 16, 2008

And on the Tenth Day, She Rests.

Ohh it feels so good to sleep in my own bed. The only good thing about sleeping in hotel beds across Northern California is the yummy bedding - comforters, throws, duvets...that good hotels pile on their mattresses. My sister Kim custom made my last set of bedding nearly ten years ago and it has held up wonderfully, but the time has come to invest in some new. I can't get this Eileen Fisher bedding I first spotted in Garnet Hill out of my mind. I love the neutral palette paired with loads of texture that can interchange to match the season. I'm not sure this is the exact set. If you know me well, you know I like to take my time on decisions, weigh every possible option, and then purchase with no hesitation or regret. It might help if only I could test drive one sleepy night in each bed of my choice, especially this one on a gorgeous porch looking out at the ocean.

-amr

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE Garnett Hill, and I really love this bedding. I think it is timeless, and you can't go wrong with anything you get from them.

Kari said...

So nice ... we just bought our first set of bedroom furniture (yes, after 11 years of marriage) and splurged on bedding that I *LOVE* from Restoration Hardware - no, we did not buy our furniture there ;) I remembered your "less than perfect" experience and couldn't justify the money!! Found something near identical that I LOVE from Costco.com ... 1/3 of the cost and I had it in 2 weeks!!!