datestampUSEWednesday, January 13, 2010

A Look Back: Christmas Eve 2009






Christmas Eve is always spent at home with our own family. We have a lovely little meal by candlelight of appetizers and finger food and then we host a special family program where everyone prepares a talent to share. Some read a poem, or draw a picture, or sing a song...This year included an orchestra of recorders and pots and pans - simply glorious on the ears. Then we conclude the program with the children acting out the Christmas story while Bryce reads it from the bible.

This year my two sweet girls made advertisement posters and pasted them all around the house (including the bathrooms). I thought they were so cute. The poster reads:

"Come to a concert December 24 in the living room."

Of course, the night wouldn't be complete without opening the first presents - jammies from Grammy and Paca, then setting out a spread tasty enough to entice Santa and his reindeer to leave us just maybe one extra present. The kids set up the girls' bedroom for a big slumber party, climb in their beds, and eagerly anticipate the morning.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So cute! I have loved readying all about your holidays. I on the other hand is so overwhelmed by where to start posting! We have done so much but I am inspired by you to get going! Back to a question you had on one of your pots...my Nikon D70 wasn't working so I finally figured out that my lens was bad. So by the skin of my chinny chin chin, it was covered under the 5 yr warranty (most lens have that warranty so maybe you can get your fxed). So I had it fixed and dear old Santa brought me a brand new camera! I now am the proud owner of Cannon and love love love it! Anyway, check your warranty to see if you can get it fixed..you will never regret getting it fixed. I am glad I did and now my son (who is 11) can use that camera to practice and learning photography.

Lisa said...

Man..I just proof read my comment and I have many spelling errors..sorry..I must go to bed now!