datestampUSEFriday, January 22, 2010

DIY Cupcake Stands




Remember our neighborhood service auction?  This year I decided to try another cupcake themed item. (What is it with me?  You'd think I'd be over this obsession by now.)  I've been seeing these cute diy cake stands all over the place.  They are made from plates as the top - and candlesticks as the base.  So when I went to the thrift store to acquire my goods, I was giddy when I found these white square cocktail plates and these small crystal candlesticks.  After they've been washed and dried thoroughly, a little epoxy (and 24 hours to set) is all it takes to stick them together and transform them into cupcake pedestals.  I added a few red and pink ribbons to gussy them up for Valentines day.  And of course, a red velvet cupcake and paper lollipop as a cupcake topper.  I thought they turned out pretty cute. Watch out friends!  These are so delightful to make, I might be making these for all of you this year!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are absolutely fabulous! To die for! :)

Kami Su said...

That is adorable. I love cupcakes and that is such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing. Also, I need a new read, so thanks for that suggestion.

mom said...

They turned out so darling I hope they go for a good price. Let me know!!! How creative you truly are and how economical!!!
oxoxoxo a devoted mom