datestampUSETuesday, December 16, 2008

More Holiday Decos




Here are a few more shots to share (gotta do it while the house is clean:)

1. The built-in hutch in my dining room is a fun and unexpected place to put decorations. Most of this Santa collection was inherited. They are near and dear to me...especially the one where my mom wrote my name in on Santa's nice list. What a kind and loving mom. I'd be putting my kids on the naughty list today!

2. I'm a fan of anything and everything robin's egg blue. I'm getting quite a nice collection - and although it is not a traditional Christmas color; I couldn't bear to put it all away for the season.

3. I like to create small vignettes in each of my kids' room for a little holiday magic just for them. The big girls have a great vintage aqua-blue tinsel tree (I'll take a picture of that later) and this is a little shelf on Max's bookcase. (Notice the fab "cowboy" Santa straight from Wyoming!)

4. I went simple and trendy on my table centerpiece this year. Have you noticed the woodland decorations everywhere from Pottery Barn to Anthropologie? This is my humble ode to holiday decos of 2008. I was lucky enough to be on my friends D. I. route where this red bamboo platter was headed for its doom. The fabulous bark vase was a gift from a lovely woman in my neighborhood who knows I love to create table centerpieces. And those cute little toadstool ornaments are a left-over from last year's obsession with all fungus that happened to be red, white, and spotty.

4 comments:

Halli Matheny said...

Will you come decorate my house now? I wish I had your "eye" for things. I've always loved your homes. You do a fantastic job. Hey, I'll even buy you a ticket to Texas! :)

Unknown said...

I am with Halli! You are absolutely amazing. I would love to come see your house. Maybe you can come for a visit when we move into the new house and help me! :) How do you do it with 4 kids?

Kari said...

Yeah, there's pretty much NO WAY I will post photos of my holiday decor - which is lame. I'm okay with it but when your pics look straight out of a magazine and every item is beautifully placed and thought out I can't bear the idea of posting a photo of my tree that has no ornaments on the bottom 1/3rd because I have a little terror who likes to eat them. I have no mantle to pretty up, no bookcases to adorn, etc. I need serious decorating intervention!!!! I wish I had the eye and the passion for it but I missed that line when they were handing out that gift ;) That line and the entertaining/hostess line are ones I really should have gotten to!!!

Anna Marie said...

Yes. Yes. Of course I would love to come to your houses. I wish you all lived closer so we could collaborate. I love a good design challenge! Thanks for all the compliments. I hope to see some of YOUR holiday decor too!
xoxo
amr