datestampUSEThursday, December 18, 2008

The Countdown is On

Only 7 Days! With only one week left, I'm disappointed that I never put together an advent for my children. I'm hoping next year I'll be better and do something like this (via Black Eiffel). I love the idea of these little cloth baggies full of surprises (think Slinkys or jacks) or special privileges just for that day (staying up an extra 30 minutes with mom). On the bright side, we've been busy doing a 12 days of Christmas service project, getting white elephants together for school parties (remember the giant clown-size sunglasses from the 80s?), practicing parts for our Nativity on Sunday night, and of course baking. I'm hosting a holiday cookie exchange at my house tonight and you're all invited! Wishing you a very merry (and snowy if you live near me!) Thursday.

1 comment:

Kari said...

It truly is all coming down to it!! I can hardly wait to be another year older ... perhaps it will help justify more of my wrinkles ;) Love the advent - I'm sure yours will be gorgeous next year!!