datestampUSESaturday, May 31, 2008

From One Adventure to the Next...

This week I cashed in my Mother's Day gift and went to the Red Mountain Spa in St. George. I could go on and on about how incredible the experience was; but I'll try my best to limit myself. My most thoughtful B surprised me with the getaway and I was able to go by myself. I was nervous at first to be alone for the week because I am such a social person and generally love to do these sorts of getaways with my girlfriends; but the time I spent with myself was absolutely invaluable. I was able to do a lot of contemplating, studying, relaxing, reading, exercising...all on my own timetable with no one else to worry about. How long its been since I've been able to live such a self-indulged existence! (I did meet a ton of great people from all across the country in my classes.) I logged over 10 miles in hikes, took meditation classes, read my book in a hammock, did tai chi and yoga on the red rocks in Snow Canyon...the list goes on and on. I hope to share some of the wonderful things I learned in future posts. The resort/adventure/experience earned *****/***** stars from me. I would recommend it 100% with no hesitation for everyone. The bottom line is, it was one of the greatest things I've ever done for myself and would have never done it without B's thoughtful gift and preparation. (He stayed home for the week to be Mr. Mom.) If you want to see little bits of my adventure, I kept a flickr journal of the week with my iPhone.

-amr

4 comments:

Halli Matheny said...

Sounds wonderful! What an awesome Mother's Day gift!

Anonymous said...

so glad you had a good time we could all be envious. Glad you are home where I can talk to you when ever I want. oxoxox

Unknown said...

That sounds like a dream. I love everything that you mentioned. Definitely a bug to put in Brian's ear. I would wonder about the week by myself, as well. Probably all the more reason to go by yourself, right? How fun for you! :)

Kari said...

I am completely envious of your time away ... sounds like the perfect vacation!! I'm thinking Hawaii will be a bit like that for me - even if I am sharing it with my hubs and best friends ;) I'd love to have that experience sometime!!