datestampUSEMonday, May 26, 2008

Amazing Survivor




This weekend my sister Kim planned an amazing adventure for our family: The Amazing Survivor. It was a perfect blend of the Amazing Race and Survivor tweaked just enough for a large family adventure. We left our house on Friday morning not knowing where the weekend was going to take us. After following several clues, we ended up in the beautiful Capitol Reef National Park in southern Utah. We had a great weekend of challenging hikes, fun games for the kids, smores galore, and cousins, cousins everywhere. Our only hiccups were Josie's ear infections and unpredictable weather - but it wasn't enough to stop us from having a good time. Thanks Smiley family for a terrific weekend.

-amr

p.s. I had so much fun with my camera. Life has been at such a hectic pace lately I've neglected my little Rebel friend more than I should. These are some of my favorite shots from our little adventure.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun!! I know how many great times are had at a Smiley family get together :) So glad you had a wonderful time ... I was getting worried when I noticed you missed a day in your posting!

Unknown said...

I, too, was wondering what happened to my favorite blogger! Looks like a really good time. Josie was a trooper to hang with ear infections. Those are no fun. I hope they clear up soon. :)

Anonymous said...

may I just add my 2 cents worth???? It was truly a fun time. kudoos to the the Survival committee (the Olsens) oxoxox