datestampUSEMonday, March 30, 2009

New Recipes

It's been a week of new recipes in amr's kitchen. We're batting three for three right now. They all pass the test and will be added to the recipe book. This Gorgonzola Pear Flatbread was such a hit we made a twice - once for an appetizer for a dinner party and then again as a side dish for Sunday dinner.

Gorgonzola Pear Flatbread
Pizza dough (I get mine at my neighborhood market, pressed and ready for toppings for $2.50)
Shredded white cheese (I used Havarti, simply because I had it on hand. Gouda or Mozzarella would be delicious as well.)

Thinly sliced pears
Caramelized walnuts
Crumbled gorgonzola cheese

Fresh sage leaves


Brush olive oil on rolled out dough. Layer ingredients in above order. Bake on bottom rack at 50o degrees for about 8 minutes. Serve bubbly hot.

Divine.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks and sounds amazing. I will have to add it to my recipe book, also. Keep sharing...it is especially nice to get recipes from friends that pass the test! :)

Kari said...

Um ... that sounds divine!!

Halli Matheny said...

Where did you find caramelized walnuts? I tried this on Friday and it was divine... I just couldn't find caramelized walnuts so used plain walnuts. I think it'd be even better with caramelized.

Anna Marie said...

Hi Halli-
I always just "carmelize" my own. Just a little oil (I mean tiny) in the bottom of a pan and throw in your walnuts with about a TBSP of a sugar. (And a little salt if you like salty sweet like I do.) They cook for about 5 minutes on a med heat. You'll watch the sugar slowly melt all over the nuts...but be careful. Sugar has a fairly low burn point and can scorch pretty quickly. I just constantly stir mine until I see the sugar is dissolved. I'm so glad you liked it!