datestampUSEMonday, March 16, 2009

Clean House

I knew I had to insert a brief post on the joys of simple cleaning on this Monday morning...not to mention the inspiration of this catchy review of "Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home" from Nesting:

'Part memoir, part how-to, her eco-friendly cleaning tips (a quarter cup of baking soda in the wash cycle and a tablespoon of white vinegar in the rinse cycle will make your clothes super soft) are sprinkled in with hilarious stories of trying to raise a gaggle of kids. Plus, the retro '50s style design is fantastic. It's the only cleaning book we can imagine reading in bed because it's so fun. Seriously!"

And you may find yourself wondering why I was inspired for such a post? I came home from my vacation not only to find my kids happy and healthy and in denial that Grandma and Grandpa were actually going to leave - but to a clean master bathroom (specifically toilet....T.M.I.?). This same porcelain devil that has refused to be cleaned with C.L.R., Kaboom, or Lime Away was shiny and sparkly due to a white vinegar rinse and a little elbow grease. Mrs. Meyers hasn't got a thing on Mrs. Smiley. And I'm the lucky one who's related to her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too much. Age gives me a little experience, thank goodness something comes with age. thanks for the compliment. I love you too. oxoxox

Anonymous said...

You will have to share the "ancient chinese secret" for the lemon concoction that cleaned your toilet. We would all love to be proud of our toilets as well!

Kami Su said...

Hope all is well with you-you must be very busy cleaning cleaning. I always look forward to your posts.

Kari said...

I need your mom to spend a few days at my house ....

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAX!!!