datestampUSEThursday, September 18, 2008

Never Fail Refrigerator Roll



As a former roll failure, I was so excited to find a recipe that clearly states in the title "Never Fail."  I'm especially appreciative of the specific instructions, "Melt together, don't scorch." (So that's what's been holding me back all these years.) Thanks to my good friend Jenny for passing this one along way back when she brought me dinner after I'd had Josie.  Ladies and Gentleman, its a keeper.

Never Fail Refrigerator Roll

1c. milk
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar

Melt together, don't scorch.  Set aside to cool.

1 scant T. yeast
1/4 c. warm water
Dissolve yeast in warm water. (Add just a bit of sugar to aid in dissolving the yeast.)

2 t. sugar
3 eggs, beaten
4 c. flour
1 1/2 t. salt

Combine eggs and sugar and beat with a fork.  Add the milk mixture and yeast and blend with a fork.  Add the flour and salt and stir with a fork. (Or just do it all with your kitchen aid- that's what I did - amr) Put in fridge overnight, covered tightly.

Two hours before you want to serve the rolls, roll the dough into a circle on a floured surface.  Your dough will be sticky, so use enough flour.  Spread with softened or melted butter.  Cut into pie shaped wedges (24) and roll up like a croissant.  Let rise 2 hours at room temperature.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

-amr

3 comments:

Kari said...

Oh, I *LOVE* me a good roll!! I usually make the recipe from the Lion House Cookbook but I will definitely give these a try ... especially since they are NEVER fail!

Anonymous said...

Is this the recipe we talked about at FHE? They sure look delicious!

surmawala.pk said...

If we talk about home appliances so the first thing that comes to the minds is “Refrigerator.” And that is the reason why top leading consumer goods manufacturing brands like Dawlance, SG, PEL and Haier work dedicatedly to offer high tech refrigerators that are able to meet the needs of the modern kitchen.refrigerator A modern kitchen is absolutely incomplete without a sleek, innovative and durable fridge. The presence of an innovative, high-tech, and sleek refrigerator in your kitchen speaks volumes of your choices in life.