datestampUSESaturday, September 6, 2008

European Yearnings




We're home, hooray! Never have my kids looked so sweet and been so huggable and grown so much in so little time. (Infinite thanks to my dear mother for manning the fort.) One day has passed and my sweet little Josie is still having a hard time letting me walk out of a room without telling me how unhappy she is about it; and although jet lag is still rocking my world (I've been up since 3 a.m.) oh it was all so worth it. We had a simply glorious time. History, art, beauty, humor and romance infused into each day - we had one adventure after another. Something fabulous was tasted, seen or appreciated, and right around the corner a new delight was waiting to be experienced. One morning I found myself sitting at a cafe on the corner of Portobello road sipping a hot chocolate and reading my book. I paused and thought "perfection." Life as usual has such a hectic pace and it isn't very often I allow myself to take it all in and really appreciate the moment and yet I was blessed to have many of these moments on our European getaway. I think this is primarily due to the wonderfully simple advice we were given to not over plan. Wonderful, wonderful advice that I would definitely pass on. Some of our best days dictated themselves and led us on unforgettable self-guided tours. I'm excited to share some favorites - pictures, places, and experiences and allow myself to enjoy them all over again. Cheers!

-amr

1. classic UK scene in Trafalgar Square
2. couldn't pass up this tourist temptation
3. gorgeous building near Westminster Abbey - being a mom of 3 little girls, I often see things through a fairy tale lens and I couldn't help but think how fabulous Rapunzel would fit in this scene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so happy that you had such a wonderful experience BUT I am so glad I had a wonderful experience in your home!!! oxoxoxo
mom

Kari said...

Gorgeous pics!! I stayed right by Trafalgar Square when I was in London (in HS). Totally too young to appreciate any of it!