datestampUSETuesday, July 7, 2009

Wyoming 2009














Each year over the 4th of July we set aside our city life and find ourselves in the midst of the greatest small town celebration one could ever experience. I have found that one of life's sweetest delights is sharing my childhood with my own children. They get to play in the same creek I couldn't stay out of near our cabin, dress up in their western duds and go to the same rodeo I love, play in my childhood backyard, even eat ice cream on pancakes at 7:00 a.m. on July 4th with many of our family friends - these things I've been doing each and every July since I can remember. It makes me happy to know these are now the traditions my children look forward to - as we've been making the trek to Cody nearly every summer since Kalli was born. These pictures are just a sampling of the 4-wheeling, horseback riding, parading, rodeoing, hiking, campfire building week in our favorite small town.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I just love reading your blog! I hope you don't mind me peeking in every now and again. I too grew up on a ranch in Southern ID and love taking my boys and letting them expereince the "coutry life". We are new to SLC. We moved from Seattle so I am just getting familar with Salt Lake City. We are looking to move into a fabulous neighborhood. Any suggestions? We have 4 boys 10, 8, 4 and 1. I used to have a public blog but decided to make it private. Thanks again for your great blog! It gives me inspiration! lisa.linton@schoolimprovement.com

Mom said...

That was so good. A good description of everything we did now and what you did then. Aren't you so lucky you got to grow up here? And now you get to experience it all with your children. We did have so much fun. oxoxoxoxo mom

Halli Matheny said...

Well said! I couldn't agree more...although now that we live in Texas (26 hour drive) we only get to come every other year. This year was supposed to be our year but we decided to go on a cruise to Alaska for our 15 year anniversary. So, Dave didn't have enough time off for both. We'll be there next year though! Chad is getting married so hopefully he'll plan it around the fourth. Maybe we'll get to see you. I love the pictures...I'm a little homesick now though!