datestampUSEWednesday, July 29, 2009

Viva La STAYCATION

The kids went to Grammy and Paca's (thank you!) while Bryce was in NYC on business which left me to spend two days doing nothing but my own luxurious agenda, which included:

*shopping for new lipgloss and mascara
*pedicure
*decorating the basement bathroom
*salad from Costa Vida
*leisurely browsing at my favorite boutiques...Four and Twenty Sailors, Hip and Humble, Paisley Pomegranate, and Children's Hour
*jewelry making
*Target, of course
*organizing the laundry room (yuck, I know - but needed to get done)
*reading "7 Habits for Highly Effective Families"
*enjoying the silence :)

The family is back home (let the love and chaos resume!) and thus my staycation has come to a close. I hope I used my time wisely. What would YOU do with two days to yourself?

5 comments:

mom said...

I would do as you did and take every opportunity for me to re-coup. I might not have had the pedicure. Someone fiddling with my toes does not do much for me. I'm glad you had those two days Merm and Paca are the best!!! oxoxox

Unknown said...

Are those your feet? If so, you should be a foot model! I would love to have two days all to myself! Good for you all to take care of MOM! :)

Lisa said...

I am so jealous! I love spending time alone. This is what I would do: catch up on a good book, organize my kids closets, watch recorded shows of Barefoot Contessa, go shopping at some of my favorite shops too, grab a sandwitch from Great Harvest Bread, and probably edit some of my photos that have been sitting on my computer for months! Hummm wonder if I could get my MIL to watch my kiddos for a night and day sometime! Great thinking!

Anna Marie said...

Not my feet...but it did remind me of that funny Seinfeld where George is a hand model!! ha ha

Jacques said...

your feet are absolutely gorgeous.

i am a photographer near philadelphia and would like to photograph your bare feet