datestampUSEWednesday, March 3, 2010

The Walk Home


I snapped this picture from inside my living room window of my 3 elementary kiddos walking home from school.  (I already wrote about my obsession watching them walk to school here.)  I don't know what my fascination is with this watching - except that its about as close to "a fly on the wall" as I ever get.  I'm really quite smitten with how good they are to each other.  While other school mates have found a friend to walk home with, they generally have found each other - and Ella almost always has her arm around Max (like above) or she's holding his latest art project or his backpack for him.  Now I won't be entirely gushy and paint an unrealistic picture - there have been times that I see Kal and El literally shove each other around the minute they walk out the door. (And you can believe I've stepped outside and had a word or two to say:)  That being said, these three are beyond siblings...they're pals.  And I love it that way.

No comments: