datestampUSEThursday, August 27, 2009

Dorothy Knows Best

*image via flickr

My favorite kind of days are the ones when I just stay home ... when I choose to "forget" that the library books are overdue and that Max needs a haircut and new shoelaces before he starts school. The ones when I ignore the small farm of food pieces under the bar after breakfast or the piles of post-vacation laundry that need to be folded - and instead I
chat on the phone with a girlfriend or my mom - or bake and clean (fun cleaning, you know - like wiping out cupboards). The best days are when the little ones are underfoot and I'm fielding silly questions like "Are "Pink Lady" apples really girls?" I have a hundred errands that aren't running themselves, twenty seven pieces of mail to sort through, nine rooms that desperately need some attention, and two little kids who still need to be dressed. But I don't care - cause we're home. And there's no place like it.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Amen to that!! I love HOME! oxoxox Mom

Kari said...

Another AMEN from me!!!