datestampUSEFriday, April 10, 2009

Easter Ensemble

Each year I enjoy putting together our own little collection of "looks" for the kids' Easter outfits. (Dont' you remember loving Easter dresses as a little girl ?) It's always one of my favorite pictures of the year. For my own kids last year, I went bold and bright with Hanna Anderson dresses. (Bryce likes to call my usually predictable choice of bold and bright clothing, "shoutfits.":) However, this year I decided to go for a more subtle and monochromatic look. In the spirit of financial wisdom, I've decided to do a little "re-using". The dress on the top right is Ella's baptism dress from last fall and is hands down one of my favorite articles of clothing ever. It is just beautiful! She hasn't worn it nearly enough since it quickly got cold after her fall baptism date. This white Jottum beauty was an easy enough starting point so I opted for an all white ensemble. I found a beautiful Biscotti dress for a great price at Nordstrom Rack for Kalli and a sweet eyelet dress for Josie (also on sale ;) at the Children's Place. Max was easy enough - I didn't even have to buy something new. He has the perfect white linen dress shirt. I'm excited to see how it all comes together. Do you do Easter ensembles for your kids - or better yet, for you?

2 comments:

Grandma Smiley said...

I'd like to see the whole thing. Or should I say the rest of the picture. their grandma

Kari said...

Can't wait to see the details! As for me, I went shopping yesterday and found some things I'm pretty happy with ... I didn't do new dresses last year so they wore the same ones two years in a row. Now Kendyl and Ashton have graduated up a size and could easily wear them for another two, and then Kendyl could move up and wear it again for 2 ... just seems wrong to make her wear the same Easter dress for 6 years (no matter how much I love the dress)!!!