datestampUSEThursday, November 20, 2008

Butternut Squash Soup

This is absolutely one of my favorite soups. I tweaked a few recipes I found online a came up with a winner.

Ingredients:

  • 1 butternut squash, peeled (I used Costco's cubed and peeled version as a major time saver)
  • Nutmeg (1/2 teaspoon)
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cans chicken stock
  • 1/2 cube of cream cheese

Directions:

Cut squash into 1-inch chunks. In large pot melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Slowly melt cream cheese into soup. Simmer and serve.

1 comment:

Kari said...

The picture alone makes me wanna eat it ... and I don't even like squash!