datestampUSEFriday, October 2, 2009

Extracurricular activities: Long Weekend Edition




No school at our house for the last two days which have made for a lovely long weekend. When I asked the kids what they would like to do to fill the extra time, the suggestions included 1. going to a movie 2. baking 3. setting up Halloween decorations 4. thrifting at the D.I. and 5. playing board games. I had to chuckle at my little girlie clones - their ideas matched up with mine just perfectly. Poor Max puts up with us mostly because he has to. (Luckily, Daddy rescued him midday and they built marble towers and then went to play soccer at the park.) We're happy to report that we've accomplished everything on our list and its not even Saturday! Here's a glance at the baking portion of our weekend thus far. We even put some of our prettier ones on display under a glass dome on our Halloween candy table. Happy Weekend.

Oh, and if you love cupcakes like we do - run - don't walk to your local Target to pick yourself up the Wilton cupcake decorator tube. It just doesn't get any better.

6 comments:

Kami Su said...

Mouth watering, yum...

I have to know how you made those suckers. I've been looking for a way to, we call them Sundance Suckers, and I'd love to make some. I can't figure out how to get the "white" part.

Anna Marie said...

Kami Su -
Those ARE Sundance suckers! Good eye! My very favorite flavor is humbug - but I bought a bunch of orange just because they looked so cute on the Halloween table.

Hart Family said...

HELLO FRIEND! I am SO in love with that cake decorator, we got one last spring and it has forever changed the way we do cupcakes!! I'm so glad you made the most of the long weekend and did some super cool things. Can I come back as one of your kids???

MOM said...

I use to do fun things like that when I had helpers at home. they looked so fun and so festive. oxoxox

Cece Girl said...

Just had a little looksy at your blog...after missing out on quite a lot. Can hardly wait to hear about your travels for reals...so lovely.
xoJen

Lisa said...

I love love conference weekend! We cook, eat, sleep and get spiritually rejuvinated! BTW, we listed our house so if anything in your neighborhood comes up, let me know!