datestampUSETuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer's Here!



For the first time in months I actually have a minute to post an event on the day it happens! Today is our last day of school and we couldn't be more excited. No more homework and no more crazy after-school schedules. Instead, we'll be spending our days with loads of sunshine, swimming, and popsicles.

For years and years our neighborhood has held a Last Day of School Rootbeer Float party for the kids walking home. The moms who have hosted this no longer have elementary age kids (and we couldn't bear to see this tradition die) so the torch has been passed to my neighbor Jane and I.

Before I know it, I'll be posting the first day of school pictures for the 2009-2010 school year, so for the next 10 weeks we'll be busy making the most of our summertime (and hopefully sharing a little of it online!)

P.S. I can't forget our Buggy Boy. For a picture of Max's last day of preschool, check out Bryce's flickr.

6 comments:

Kami Su said...

That has to be the cutest tradition I've ever heard. I may have to steal that idea over here.

Grandma Smiley said...

Oh how fun!!! Root beer on the last day of school. What a fun time you will have this summer. Can't wait for you to share your summer with us in Wyoming. oxoxo

Jen Bird said...

Your girls are so adorable!! And what a cute tradition, I can't wait for my girls to go to school!

Kari said...

That is too fun!!! Our last day of school was terribly anti-climactic :(

Anonymous said...

I love your red and white tablecloth. Where did you find it?

Anna Marie said...

The table cloth is simple oil cloth cut to the right dimension!